I know that my sister and probably a few others...my mom and dad...would tell me to stop dwelling, which I'm not, but how do you forget a day that 13 years later you can remember moment for moment.
It was 13 years ago, on Nov. 29, that Chris was killed...along with his wife. Not my Chris, obviously, but the Chris that Christopher is being named for!
For those that didn't have the opportunity to meet him, I wish I could express how awesome he was! Now let me just say that his awesome-ness isn't only because he loved to help people, because he might just be one of the ornriest people I knew!
Many times Jason pulls things or says things that remind me of Chris and I just think...I wish you could have met him, but at times I'm glad you two can't co-conspire!
The day started off rough emotionally, because today is a day that I usually don't go anywhere, with the exception of last year for Jeff and Angie's wedding! Instead of being a hermit, I helped load my two little men up in the vehicle...okay so I sat on the couch while they left, but I got them ready...to travel to Paullina, Iowa, for Christmas with at their Great-Grandparent's.
It was very hard and emotional, but eventually was able to fall asleep and Jason and I woke up at 12:30! A much needed day to sleep in! They are almost back here and then we get to get things ready to GO HOME!!! YAY!
No comments:
Post a Comment