Thursday, November 05, 2009

And now...the stomach flu!

Tuesday night I didn't sleep well at all! I just didn't feel "right." It continued when I got up in the morning when I started contracting around 8:10 in the morning every 4 min. I had just taken my procardia (medicine to stop contractions) so I just held off for awhile! Plus, I didn't have anywhere to go with Matthew so I couldn't take my vistaril!


They subsided, but then in the afternoon I started having nasty diarrhea symptoms and vomiting that was onset immediately! My face was flushed and didn't feel so good! I called the Doc right away and he told me to meet him at the hospital!

In 4 short hours I had dehydrated so that got me a ticket to stay over night! I ended up getting 4 liters of fluid and a little boy in my belly that knew he was just with Mommy and no big brothers around! He was so active! I did have quite a few contractions so that got me an increased dose in medication to help with contractions!

Mariclaire came up and sat with me for awhile which was a lot of fun! The boys got a night at Grandma and Grandpa Shoe's and it sounded like they had a blast!

Doc just said that this was the worst year to be pregnant because there are so many viruses out and about and my worn down system is going to catch them easier! His comment was that he had no problem putting me in isolation in the hospital for the next 3 weeks!! I said that I had a problem with that!

Instead, I'm just gonna try to hang out at home as much as possible! I still get to go to work...thank the lord!!!

No comments: