Oh my! As most of you know...the last 24 hours has been a HUGE whirlwind!
When Doc came in yesterday morning, he said that he wanted to consult with Dr. Albin in Norfolk about our situation, with the possibility of being transferred. So Jason and I said that because of family in Omaha we would prefer to be transferred to Omaha so that the boys could come down with us. Doc obliged and he said that he would have to talk to Fleming first!
Later we were told that we had 2 options. We could either try a terbutaline pump for the next few days or else go to Omaha where an amniocentesis would be done to check for lung maturity.
We do amnios at the hospital in O'Neill, but there is a risk of sending the mom into labor and Doc was worried taht because my uterus was already ticked off, we shouldn't chance it in O'Neill just in case Chris' lungs weren't developed!
Jason and I talked and decided that Omaha would be the best option we felt, since we had already tried the last option of meds in O'Neill and I was still contracting through them! This way, we would already be in the right place should I deliver.
The boys came up to say good-bye! Andrew was more worried about lunch and Matthew was just like...bye mom! It wasn't until later when he couldn't have his Mom, that he was upset!
We left O'Neill...in an amublance at 12:45 and after the WORST ambulance ride of my LIFE...we arrived at the hospital and I was nervous as what would happen! I got taken off all my meds, hooked up to the monitor and had an amniocentesis done which later showed that his lungs were immature!
By this time, I had a thousand questions that weren't getting answered! I am known for my "what ifs!" Their plan was that if I stabalized over night that they would send me home and just let me deliver when I got into labor!
This morning continued the frustration and worry until I spoke with my Doc...from HOME! he answered my questions that they wouldn't answer and we made the decision...which Jason and I had already set in place...to stay in Omaha at his parents until Monday, that way if something happened we were still in a "safe" zone!
I was released from the hospital this morning...I almost RAN out...and we are now sitting at my mother-in-law's who is waiting on me hand and foot!
Jason is getting ready to leave in a bit to go meet Mariclaire and Bob in Wisner to hand off two little boys that I can not WAIT to hug and snuggle! In my world, they are not going to get here soon enough!
Jason and I are doing good...horribly sleep deprived and my toes look like little smokies...but happy to be out of that hospital!
No comments:
Post a Comment