Monday, November 23, 2009

Minor Meltdown

After 6.5 hours of contracting, having to breath through some of them, I wanted to shut the drugs off and let my body do what it is going to do...either go into labor...or tease me for 2 weeks! Knowing my history...I bet it is tease me for 2 weeks!

Doc came in and said, yep, good contractions, let's give her a mag bolus and see what that does...which by the way, other than making me feel like crap...I'm not sure what it did!

My question to him was...I know what we are trying to do, but how many more meds are we gonna dump into my body before we call it good!

My other thought is...if I am contracting through the mag...which is what we get put on when the oral meds don't work...why are we so sure that when we shut off the mag the orals are gonna work!

I felt like a moron because here I am frustrated, crying not only in front of my co-workers, but also the Doc. I didn't want him to think I was second guessing him, I am just a frustrated pregnant woman! Which of course he would TOTALLY understand if he had ever been one! :)

Now the bolus is in, everyone has checked on the crying prego co-worker and I'm still contracting...it has just changed to a sharp piercing pain above my pubic bone! Yay me!!!

No comments: