Sunday, November 08, 2009

Kangaroo Care

Yesterday was not a good day for Matthew and his asthma! He does good throughout the rest of the year, but this time of year is hard on him. The days/nights where the temperature fluctuates so much just doesn't treat him very nice!

With that said, Matt was asthma attacking on me yesterday while we were at Lucia's wedding. When we got home we did 2 more breathing treatments and then took some Motrin.

When we went to bed, Matthew fell asleep on me and his brething was awesome. Gentle and slow and no wheezing! I thought to myself...yes! Kangaroo care works when they are big too! I was so pumped until I rolled him over to sleep! That's when the hacking and coughing started! GRR!!

I flipped it back over to his stomach and it got better, but was a lot more than when he was sleeping on my chest!

He woke up and is back to his Matt self. He just has a little bit of a hacky cough, but that is normal for him right after his attacks!

No comments: