Well...what an eventful last 24 hours! Since I've wrote my last blog, many things have happened.
I took my meds at 2 and although they slowed briefly, they didn't stop! I called Candy to report in and she called Doc and well...I was told to pack my bags and get my butt to the hospital!
After packing my bag and Christopher's...just in case...I headed to my parent's, where the boys had been all afternoon! I told the boys good bye and explained as to what was going on. Andrew clung to my coat and didn't want to let go! Matt shared some story about scaring Grandma and could have cared less!
Once up here, Doc showed up and we discussed having to have a c-section, since he was breech vs. doing mag sulfate for 24 hours and then seeing what happened.
I was so over whelmed! My head was swimming with "what ifs" and what would be best. I knew what would be best medically for him, but I couldn't help but think that all of that affected 2 other little boys too!
Doc made the choice to do the mag and then ordered an ultrasound to check placement! Much to both of our amazements...he had flipped!! YAY!! I felt a load go off me right there! Part of the thing holding me back and scared was that should I have a c-section and he had to be shipped somewhere...I was stuck!
I got started on the mag and the bolus sucked!! I wouldn't recommend signing up for it for the fun of it! It got better after the bolus was over, but the contractions didn't stop until around 1 a.m.! By that time I was frustrated and getting annoyed, wondering if the medicine would even work!
When Doc got here this morning he said the plan is to stay on the mag until tomorrow morning, then to stop the mag and start back on my oral medicines. Then, depending on how that goes, possibly, get to go home tomorrow evening.
The downside to all this, I am off work until after the baby gets here and I am on my butt for the next couple weeks! Doc thought it would be better to error on the side of time than to chance, by letting the contractions go!
Luckily...Jason is home until Sunday evening and then my mother-in-law is coming up to stay with us on Monday for the week possibly!
We shall see! I just keep reminding myself that he has some amazing guardian angels and that it will work out the way it is supposed to!
No comments:
Post a Comment