I'm just now getting this down.
We were to have tubes put in our ears here on Thursday, but after I got to talking to one of the nurses and they heard everything we were doing/finding out, a red flag arose...Suprise suprise. She talked to the anesthetist and he said that he wouldn't feel comfortable because of his dysphagia there was a chance they wouldn't get him off the vent right away. He wanted him to be at a facility where this could be handled should he need it. He talked to Dr. Nabity and through the shear grace of his surgery scheduler, Carol, we are placing tubes tomorrow morning, super early!
I'm not gonna lie...I was very upset at first to think that we may have to prolong this. Dr. K had said that if we didn't get the tubes in and a source of infection cleared up, there could be chance that the MRI would be canceled and this Mama would be devastated if that happened.
The following week is the MRI date and we found out that Dr. Prestridge will be doing an EGD that same day, not sure if I shared that.
No comments:
Post a Comment