Yesterday was a long day. I was on such a HIGH from Tuesday, but my sister...no offense Red...squashed and got me thinking about a disorder that it COULD be. No diagnosis yet, but the more I talk to physicians, the harder it is to not worry about what we will find in the MRI.
We were to see Dr. Murphy yesterday, but he had an emergency or something so we will see him Nov. 30. We also stopped in to see our good friend Dr. Kronberg. I know only a couple know him, but I love how excited he gets over seeing if the children are meeting their milestones. It's like they are his children/grandchildren every time.
When he entered the room he checked if Chris would recognize his name, give him a social smile and follow what he was doing...yes, yes and yes! So then Dr. K got excited and was like..."That's so GOOD!" He checked his hearing, fine motor skills and some of his reflexes. Again, check, check and check! He was super excited again. Then he listened to him and confirmed that again...another ear infection, and that his lungs sounded like crap. He also affirmed my concern of getting him better so this MRI doesn't get canceled.
To prevent that we have to be on an antibiotic until after the MRI, then also Prilosec because in case there is some reflux, he doesn't want to risk him aspirating it and him getting sick, then also neb treatments.
He also said after he looked him over, that before coming in to the room he was nervous as to what he was going to find, but after seeing him he was reassured. He also told me that we need to move to Omaha. I laughed and said funny...but he said he was serious this time. He tells us this evertime he sees us. I stated that it wasn't an option and he said that I had to guarentee him then that we would make sure we got to all of our appointments. he said coming in to the winter months, we have to guarentee that we will make it to all our appointements. he stated that if there is an impending storm or A snowflake flies to hit the highway should we have an upcoming appointment. I wasn't thinking straight enought to ask why.
We had to do a chest xray and xrays of his hips. Not sure why the hips, but they both turned out okay! YAY! He did say however, that he has lots of stool present in him. This means that although he has a bowel movment every day, he is not emptying. I asked why and Dr. K said not for sure, but it is another sign pointing to a tethered cord.
Dr. Nabity's office called yesterday too and we will put tubes in next Thursday here in O'Neill. This will help us get better for the MRI. I spoke with Dr. Prestridge's office today and he will have an EGD (upper scope) on the 18th after the MRI at 11.
We had PT today and Eric was very happy with our progress over the last 2 weeks. He's getting very daring and can't get to standing yet, but when you stand him up, he tries to one hand it and can stand longer and longer.
I was lucky last night when I got home that my best friend...Big Matt..came up and was here to hang out with me. I was just kind of down. I know none of this is life threatening and things could totally be worse, but it goes back to the thinking that you have this normal healthy baby and it's all kind of falling apart. I just keep reassuring myself...in the words of Grandpa Shoemaker...everything will be just fine. And like someone else said...I need to stop dreaming of demons...but it's hard.
No comments:
Post a Comment