We are in Omaha and having our testing done this week.
We had our swallow study done yesterday and I wasn't impressed. They stared at him eating a thickened bottle...which won't tell them anything....then said keep doing what you're doing. I was like seriously? Maybe they got something out of it but it was not conveyed to this mother. Then they said...we will see what Friday brings.
Today started off early as we had to be at the hospital by 7:30. They got him going and he played in the toy room, then played ball and around 9:15 they took him from me. He rode the bed back like a champ. Didn't even phase him.
Dr. Prestridge stopped in before the procedure and asked if we had any questions and I addressed his bowel issue and she said she'd check on it while he was out. She returned around 11:40 and said that everything in the EGD looked good. No signs of reflux and no apparent concerns. They did a biopsy, which is standard and she said that it may come back with some allergy cells. That darn "a" word may still sneak up on us!
We won't have any MRI results for a few days. The nurse in the CARES unit did encourage me to call tomorrow before we left town tomorrow. I hope that doesn't mean anything. So, that will be my first call.
We came back to the room and we both passed out immediately until about 5. Gotta love the 3 hour nap. He played like a maniac tonight and then 10 min later was out cold!
I miss my big boys. I can't wait to get home and hug them. I may have to plan something special for tomorrow night.
Thanks for all the prayers. We will get through whatever God has in store for us. I would however, take a hypermobility/low tone diagnosis however! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment