I've spent the last 6 hours doing laundry, picking up, cleaning, rocking a baby, making arrangements and packing for the next 4 days. We have our tests this week and Jason reminded me to not pack for a year, but I have to be prepared.
We did tubes last Tuesday and Chris did amazing! He had no problem with the sedation, but it helped he only had to be down for about 20 min. When he came back to me though he looked so sad because he woke up without me. He quickly recovered. He's seemed to be tolerating the tubes well.
Friday night was a long night and he had a rough night with coughing and choking. He had a period of horrible breathing for about an hour. I sent he and Jason to the doc on Saturday morning and his lung sounds were clear. I am just super nervous for this week.
The weekend brought no improvement and actually I had to start making his bottles thicker. He's on so many meds. I'm not a medicator, but am doing it just to ward off evil spirits for this week. When I talked to Doc on Sunday, we both agreed that we are between a rock and a hard spot right now. We've waited so long for this MRI. We don't want it canceled because of his health, but his health isn't going to improve until we get answers from the MRI. We will see. It makes it even more nervous for the swallow study.
We will have the 2 swallow studies this week, the MRI and the EGD. I'm hoping that's it.
I'm worried about leaving the big boys, but they are in good hands and it's only for a couple days. The down side is we are to Grand Island Monday for a follow up and then the following week we are on to Pulmonology.
No comments:
Post a Comment