Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Long Wait

I have nothing much new to post. Fall has set in at our house and until it stops going from 70 to 30 every day, the boy's lungs will keep fighting it. We had to pull out the nebulizer tonight! Gotta love allergies.

As far the neurologist front, nothing. I called the other day and they couldn't change things. I expressed that I was concerned that we were waiting 5 weeks and the nurse really couldn't explain much more than...well that is when they could get him in. I also voiced concern about waiting for his labs that long and that response was...You could bring him down and we could draw them. She then went on to explain that they were trying to prevent a poke, which I appreciate, but his thyroid level and other levels could be COMPLETELY out of wack by then. I doubt they will be, but you never know!

The Early Development Network won't touch him...or i should say...would prefer not to touch him until the MRI is done so they know what the diagnosis is. All of this leads to delay. Delay, delay, delay.

Today he has started to stand...granted it is for seconds, and is only with locking his knees, but he was upright and thought he was pretty big stuff! I tried some resistance exercises and he didn't resist. He does try to pull himself up though and that excites me. He made it up twice, but his legs have to be just so and something has to be in front of him so he can't slide.

So now...we wait. After some advice from Jess (sister-in-law), I will call omaha again tomorrow and ask to speak to Dr. Wright and voice my concerns again!

Patience...patience, I know...but I do not have patience! :)

I again keep reminding myself that he isn't fighting for his life, although it may be altered, he isn't fighting to stay alive. It is all in perspective these days as my co-worker's little man fights for his life and waits for a heart transplant. He's 1 month older than Chris.

No comments: