Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Darn Google

Thanks to my amazing best friend...AKA Google...I have had a few scares the last few days on top of worrying about the Chris stuff that is going on.



We had a patient that came in with a disorder that some of us nurses were unaware of, so to better our knowledge...we googled it! :)



In reading through the disorder, I learned about cafe au lait spots and after seek a picture...this was on Chris' abdomen. So again with the tears. This could be a marker for neurological defect, according to google. So I cried some more and worried. Then when in the ED at Children's on Sunday night...that story to come later...the doc said...why are you going to the neurolgist, because of the spot on his belly? The little voice in my head went....He just confirmed it, google was right, the neurologist appointment is going to be HORRIBLE in the morning.



WRONG!!! Dr. Wright stated that children need up to 5 of those spots for it to be a "deficit" related spot...otherwise...birthmark! :)



My other scare started with the same patient at work and having difficulty breathing. Chris is congested which is another thing he has always been....and he got to coughing and turned bright red, then blue. After a 1/2 dozen times of this, we ended up in the Children's Hospital ED. This over reacting mother was calmed down and probably looked like a moron. I just kept thinking, what if he does this while I'm sleeping? The Dr. in the ED...Dr. Tolo, was very nice and stated that he probably had a mucus plug and all the coughing up to getting seen, knocked it loose and he was now fine. So to bed we went!



Oy, not sure how many of those I can take! And that's just with one child!

No comments: