Monday, January 08, 2007

Minor...Ok...MAJOR set back!

We have been egg free for almost 2 weeks now. We have had a set back here and there, but that is just mom getting used to what has eggs and what doesn't. I have my list strapped to the refrigerator though and reference about every 15 minutes.

HOWEVER, Matt woke up yesterday morning fire engine red from head to toe. He kind of started to clear up after he got to Grandma and Grandpa's, but then later went back to full blown red. Grandma got to looking and the only thing we can find in common is RED #40. So I am anxious to find out what Dr. Murphy has to say on Thursday.

So needless to say he is still fire engine red and pulling at his skin to itch it and make it feel better. I broke down (didn't take much) and gave him medicine to make the poor child feel better. I just feel so helpless!

The food thing is starting to slowly come around but I feel sorry for Andrew. He keeps wanting to eat pizza, but I have to tell him that we can't because it has eggs in it and Matt can't eat eggs.

In response to this tonight Andrew said..."Mom, we can eat pizza bites...they don't have eggs."

When I explain that it isn't fair to Matt then to eat pizza in front of him Andrew fires back..."Mom, I can eat eggs!"

No comments: