One good thing about this no egg thing is I really have to think about what I am going to make for a meal (okay, maybe that isn't that great). I have followed my mom's instructions and try to do a meat, potato and vegetable or fruit. If there isn't a potato they get both fruit and vegetable. So needless to say they are starting to eat well rounded meals. We haven't had pasta for almost 2 weeks now!
Our first real "test" will be when we have to go to Omaha on Thursday back to the allergy doc. We can't just go through the drive thru any more and get chicken nuggets because eggs could be in the breading on the chicken. With two days to go I am already thinking of places where we can stop and eat. It will just mean alloting more time for meals.
Hopefully this will start to trim everyone down because we aren't eating sweets anymore because almost all sweets have eggs in them. I do have to admit though, that once in awhile I sneak a bowl of chocolate ice cream after Matt goes to bed!
The hardest thing to wrap my brain around is a birthday cake. He can't eat birthday cake OR ice cream cake. Depending on what the blood test brings back it might be one of those things like diabetics...on special occasions we may have to cheat...knowing full well the consequences. We will see though...I have 5 months to figure it out.
No comments:
Post a Comment