
For a couple of weeks now Matt has been standing in front of the toilet pulling at his pants, trying to stand up and go potty like big brother and daddy do. It usally backfires on him because he usually has a onesie on!
However, lately, when he has been pulling at his pants I have just sat him on the toilet and see what he'll do. Usually it's nothing, but I don't get to bent out of shape. I mean he is on 15 months old!
So, tonight, in order to keep him from diving into the tub head first while it was filling I stripped him down and set him on the potty ring on the toilet. I went about getting the bath ready and he just sat there.
When I had pulled him off, much to my surprise, there was poop in the toilet! YEAH! I cheered and clapped and whooped and hollared and he sat there and stared at me with that look of..."What the heck are you yelping at mom, put me in the darn tub!"
It was exciting for a mom, especially a mom whose first son took 16 months to potty train! I called my mom and was like..."Matt went poopy in the potty!"
My mom replied with..."Really...was he sitting on the potty ring?" and I believed I smarted off by saying..."No I made him hover above the toilet!" (If I didn't say it, I know I thought it!)
It was very exciting to say the least...but I think my mom may I have been right...it was coincidence most likely...but this mom isn't going to let it go and we are going to stay on top of the whole poop in the potty thing! Eventually I won't get the "You're a complete idiot mom!" look!
No comments:
Post a Comment