Thursday, November 30, 2006

Good News FINALLY!

Well, today was the day we went to the ENT and I was almost 100% sure he would say TUBES! But he didn't!

He looked over Matt, which he looks the worst he has in a long time. His skin is cracked and bleeding and sore and I can't do anything about it other than cream him up more (that's the part that sucks). ANYWAY, looked him over and said that he thinks the ear infections are stemming from the nose problem. His nose and sinuses aren't draining properly and that is causing it to back up into the ears and cause the infections! They did a nose swab, which I have decided is the cruelest thing you could ever do to a kid by the way, and I get those results next week some time. They also did x-rays on him to see what his sinuses looked like and they had air in them (That's a good thing!) and his adnoids weren't blocking his nasal passage as he thought they might be. He said that the x-ray looked a lot better than he expected it to.

SO! This means we are on another antibiotic until Monday or Tuesday and then depending on the culture of the nose, where we go from there depends on that. It could mean antibiotics until allergy testing on Dec. 28! This means no tubes or removal of adnoids until after the allergy doctor IF we need to do it at all! (This makes me very happy!)

It basically just all sounds like it is all stemming back to the allergies. This gives me hope though that it is treatable once it is narrowed down and we get this all figured out. Now, my hope is for a SIMPLE allergy and not some complex thing!

So we see Dr. K in a few days and Dr. Murphy at the end of the month. Then I think I just might sleep for a couple weeks straight!

No comments: