
Andrew and I set up the nativity scene the other night after I decided that I should probably set it up since we received it for our wedding 3 years ago!
It is a beautiful Fontanini that Jason's "Aunt & Uncle" Butch and Karen gave us for our wedding.
Anywho, we set it up piece by piece and I shared with him the story of Jesus and Gabriel and the Angel and the Three Kings. (Yes, I am very aware that they don't come until January, but in our house if they don't arrive now, they never will!) There was also a random Aaron in there and I wasn't sure what his whole story was, so I just made something up and looked it up later!
We placed the sheep and the ox and the donkey, along with the Bethlehem birds (they resemble Nebraska birds just in case you're curious). Then we took a step back and marveled at the beautiful scene.
The next day I saw Andrew up at the Nativity scene and asked him what he was doing and he said..."Looking at baby Jesus!"
I didn't think much of it until later in the day I noticed the John Deere tractor next to him. I guess our baby Jesus rode into the stable on a John Deere tractor.
But with all things considered does that surprise anyone?

No comments:
Post a Comment