Saturday, July 30, 2011

Floating on a cloud

So..minus the slight bronchitis set back for me since we've got home...I've been so excited with the progress we made in Denver.

Wednesday they informed us that he had no seizures while we were in the hospital...of course not why would the kid do something that convenient! :) However, they did see more discharges but they were rare. His EEG is still considered abnormal though.

As far as the discharges go. Chelsea explained them in a way like his brain turns on a switch to have a seizure and then quickly shuts it off, therefore not having one, but the trigger is still there. She said this is very promising because it means that his meds are keeping him under control.

She said that she will have to tweek them as he gets bigger and needs more, but her goal is for him to be seizure free for 2 years and then wean him off his meds. However, that means no seizures, not even 1 seizure. But we will get there. I have hope now.

She kept saying that she was so excited and couldn't believe how well he was doing! So she decided that we didn't have to be back to Denver in 3 weeks, but instead 3 months! MONTHS!!! Can you believe it?!?!

Instead in 3 weeks we will had to Omaha, to get in 2 more treatments with our favorite speech therapist, Jen. I'm hoping we are close to no NG by then. He's taking 3 oz orally 3 times a day. I have to get him worked up to 4 to get him off his bed time feeding, but I'm hoping that he will continue to do well and Monday we will start 4 oz with meals and at bedtime. I just need him to suck through a straw, but hey...if that's the worse thing he's not doing...FINE BY ME!

The big boys are bummed that they don't get to go out to Denver with us, but they will live. They were happy to see us home!

No comments: