Another week has passed and our therapy is coming to an end for this round. Jen asked me if I wanted to continue and I told her for the sake of our family, we needed a break. Chris has one more treatment on Monday and a visit with Dr. Prestridge and then we head home...for a few weeks.
Chris continues to do well with therapy and for the matter at hand...when he's not at therapy. I've struggled this week with stopping versus keeping going and if it's doing anything and what have you. This is the list I've come up with, but let me remind you first, that before therapy started, Chris had no sounds and choked, coughed and gagged on every meal and through the night!
Since therapy we:
1. sleep through the night with no coughing
2. eat a meal with rarely a cough - still an improvement from the "clearing" cough
3. tolerate big boy foods
4. have multiple sounds, including: mom, da, ba ba, cup, up
5. rarely ever do we choke
6. have a very dear friend in Jen - this may be a stretch! :)
I swear the list was bigger earlier. The sounds in and of themself are HUGE!!! We also have growls and grunts and all sorts of funny noises. His latest thing has been furrowing his eyebrows and he knows that exactly the right time!
Our legs have had no improvement. There are most likely going to be PT appointments coming up, but hopefully we will get to do that from here!
The boys are back to school on Tuesday and it will be great to get back to normal.
No comments:
Post a Comment