The rest of the day did not go so well. When I had called Dr. Prestridge's office they said that she would either call me or call us back to come in....We see her tomorrow at 11:30 a.m.
I didn't starve him, but kind of gave him a rest. Gave him his first food after therapy which was a 6 oz bottle around 3:30. He did GREAT! We threw in a few little yogurt melts and no problems. A few coughs, but nothing that concerned me.
Supper, however, was a completely different story. I mashed up some potatoes that Cindy had made and yeah...not so good. The first bite, choke! He gagged and spit it back up so I gave him a break and we tried a second bite....CHOKE! Seriously?! Then he gagged and gagged and gagged! He gagged so much after choking that he threw up multiple times!
I cut off the potatoes and brought out some babyfood bananas and...he did fine! Did some of those and then tried the potatoes again...and fine...however, once we were all done eating...Choke and gag! So we just hung out!
He was starting to get a little fussy so I thought I'd try another bottle and he did awesome! Only one cough and we were asleep! He's been pretty good since.
Ugh!!! I am so frustrated. Jen and I are anxious to see what Dr. P has to say.
The exicting news for the day...we started to take steps!!! :) Just small ones, but we went back and forth from the recliner, to the end table and then to the footstool! So exciting, exciting.
Just wait and see what Dr. P says tomorrow. I am just hoping for sleep tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment