I don't know that I should admit this story because it was a horrible moment in motherhood, but I was so proud of Matthew when all was said and done!
I was highly stressed this weekend, not sure as to why, but I was. Matthew caught me in a bad moment tonight and I snapped at him, yelling at him to get to bed.
He ran into his room and fifteen minutes later I went into his room! I knelt at his bed, leaned in and kissed him and apologized for yelling!
I said...Can you please forgive Mommy? I shouldn't have yelled at you!
He said...No..
I said...Why?
He said...because I love you mom!
I then had to explain that when someone asks you to forgive them, you usually say yes. He said...OH! Yes, Mom, I forgive you!
All I could do was kiss him over and over again!
No comments:
Post a Comment