For the last couple of years, it has been normal for Matthew to have a little asthma attack when it goes from warm to rainy and cold. Drs. Kronberg and Murphy have both just told us to expect it! It's only when he runs a temp that throws me off! Thank God for Jessica answering text messages at all hours! :)
Needless to say, Matt attacked this weekend and earned himself a trip to the ED because of course it was on a Sunday! We have pediapred and breathing treatments for a few days. By Sunday night though, I thought we should have padded walls, because he was bouncing off of them! Gotta love pediapred and albuterol!
As I snuggled into bed last night, I was so looking forward to sleep, but about that time, Drew started with a tight harsh cough. At midnight I started neb treatments and then every 2 hours until we got to the doc a 9 a.m.!
Hit up the doc at 9 a.m. and tells me what I was kind of thinking...Drew is now attacking as well! I questioned that his PFTs were normal in July and so how could this be? He said...things change nurse Jennifer! I knew this, but Dr. Murphy was so hopeful that we would avoid this!
Now, I have TWO children on pediapred and I would like to thank the doctors right now for helping me to lose my hair! JK!
No comments:
Post a Comment