Matthew has been doing so good this winter. He has only been sick once minus all these leg problems. I was so proud of myself and I knew better than to say it outloud and jinx myself. He now has fought an URI and an ear infection! Oh well, I can manage those.
However, it brings me back to his legs! When the boys picked me up from the airport on Sunday night Matthew didn't want to walk. I thought it was because he didn't feel good, but am now pretty sure his legs were hurting. All this deduced from him crying and saying "My leg hurts."
After talking to Jessica, I learned that the previous day he had not wanted to walk down any stairs. Although that sounds minor, that is usually my cue that something is hurting.
So, I was on the horn to Dr. Kronberg today! After three phone calls and lots questions we are to this point:
This Friday we go to Omaha to do an abdominal ultrasound because Dr. Kronberg has been doing some research and wants to rule out and abdominal mass. Then on the 27th of this month we return for an MRI in which Matt will have to be under general anesthesia because of age and weight. The MRI will be looking for vascular issues.
So this is where we stand. Another few weeks of waiting and wondering. I just thank heaven for Dr. Kronberg.
No comments:
Post a Comment