So...we met Dr. Reinhardt today. A rheumatologist at Children's Hospital. At first I was leary of him, but then he started to asks lots of questions. Finally he said that he doubted that Matthew had arthritis. That was a sigh of relief.
So he started poking and proding at Matt. Docs theory was that maybe matthew had a condition where he could move his joints more than most people could. So he moved legs and arms and wrist and fingers and toes. WHen I saw him bend his fingers almost back to his arm then pull his leg out to almost a 90 degree turn...I was like...yeah, I'd say he had movement! :)
So he said that he has what is called hypermobility of his joints! All it is going to take is some physical therapy. The down side to that is that it isn't a few weeks of it, but more like a few months.
I almost cried and jumped across the room to hug the doctor! It wasn't going to take any medication or any pills, but just lots of physical therapy!
I can do that! I can do exercises and therapy! Answers...FINALLY...answers!
However, we are still going to do our MRI on Friday just to be sure that it isn't something else too! But I am finally content.
No comments:
Post a Comment