Well, we had Matthew's ultrasound done yesterday (Friday). He was such a champ. In the morning I sat down with him and kind of walked him through what they were going to do with him. So when they took him back to the US room, he crawled up on the table, crossed his legs and laid there like a big boy! I was SOOOO proud of him!
When we were done, the tech had to go make sure it was all good and when she came back she simply said...."You know that if it was really bad you would be talking with Dr. Kronberg right away!"
I said, yes, thank you and knew that she probably couldn't tell me much more than that! Then to top it off, we would have to wait until Monday to get results!
However, my mind hit hyper drive about 90 minutes later. I was driving down Maple St. heading out of town and it all sank in! I started crying, almost to the point of hyperventilating and just kept thinking...so it's not REALLY bad, but what if it is BAD or not SO bad!
I mean I was there for the whole thing and it went smoothly other than when she was looking at the liver and the portal vein. She hung around there FOREVER!!!
Big Matt had just left us so I'm pretty sure that's why reality set it and so I called another friend and crying to their voicemail! It's all so frightening!
Dr. Kronberg is sure that they won't find any thing with the ultrasound. I know this makes me a horrible mother, but I want them to find SOMETHING that will explain my baby waking up at 2 a.m. just about every night screaming and crying. Or why he can't walk on certain days or why he won't walk stairs another! Tell me it's because he's growing too fast and I will be fine with it! Just stop telling me it's in my head! A child does not scream like that for a minor ache in their leg. A child who likes to run and play does not decide to just not walk one day! He may be cute, but he hasn't learned all the tricks quite yet!
Okay, sorry, side rant there! So now, we wait for the MRI and Dr. Kronberg wants us to meet with Dr. Reinhart, a rheumatologist. Lots of back and forth over the next few weeks.
I just thank Dr. Kronberg for doing all this. Okay, not for the hefty bills that are coming with it, but he said on Thursday when we saw him, "I would never forgive myself if we missed something!"
You can't be upset with a doctor for that!
No comments:
Post a Comment