Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Leg Issues

With a few days off, I have been trying to work with Mr. Chris in the whole walking category. He will be 14 months on Sunday so I'm trying to help it along. He hasn't wanted to stand much lately and I'm not sure as to why. He's been very sleepy, sleeping for 4-6 hours during the day and then 10-12 hours at night. Not sure why...maybe he's getting ready to grow.

The thing I have noticed when trying to walk with him is that he is dragging his left leg. He uses his left leg to pull himself from sitting to standing, but when he's taking steps now it is lagging behind. It's almost how some kiddos go up stairs, but this is across the floor. He takes about 10 steps and then falls. The other weird part is that he walks in a diagonal to the right. That parts kind of funny! We see PT on Monday so I will be anxious to see what she says.

I'm not sure why this is. Both issues are frustrating me. We are doing good on the food and drinks. We must have aspirated tonight however because he was wheezing and had stridor after he fell asleep tonight. He was running a temp yesterday in the Chiro office and is having a couple eczema breakouts, so I'm almost expecting something to come up.

Dr. K had said that when eczema exacerbation happens, it usually means there is some type of infection going on. It has held true for the bigger boys.

Other than that, our separation anxiety has set in! He also just like Matt. He likes to be up and see what I am doing whether I'm cleaning, doing laundry or cooking. He's fascinated with the iPad!

Our genetics is coming up in 4 weeks. My heart skips beats just thinking about it. I was telling a couple of my co-workers today that in researching his issues the spectrum is so wide...from shortened life span to lots of PT needed. It's hard to not think of the worse, although I'm pretty sure that is not this case.

The big boys have been out and enjoying the nice weather. Andrew is preparing for his first Mass this week at school! He gets to read..."ya know that part where ya speak, then ya sing, then ya speak, then ya sing." (his defination...aka the responsorial psalm.) He's pretty pumped not only will he have one heck of a crowd at Mass cheering him on, but he has 2 Great-Grandparents in heaven that will be grinning from ear to ear! If Great-Grandpa Shoe was still here to be at Mass, I'm sure he'd be crying. He always did that when I was in high school and had what he thought as an important job at Mass!

Matt has really grown up these last couple weeks it seems. He's still in a race to see who's slower...he or molasses, but he's doing things around the house, that he hasn't done before. Again...all in his own way and time. He's so funny. He's having leg issues tonight as well. He just doesn't have great strength in his legs since he couldn't be outside for winter. With all the nice weather he's been out so it makes his joints sore. He's a trooper!

No comments: