We built gingerbread houses today as a family! I helped Matthew build his and Andrew had Dad build his!
Matthew and I started off with the basic house...4 sides and a roof! This isn't saying that it didn't collapse 3 times on me! The whole time wondering how Mariclaire gets this to work every year with 1st graders! Matt was starting to give up on me, but then we got it to stand!!! He decorated it and made sure it had a chimney and even had smoke coming out of it til that fell over as well!!! Matt made sure that since there was a chimney that there was a fire inside! It was too funny! He would give me a piece of candy to put where ever I wanted it, but repeatedly it got removed and I was then told where to put it!
Andrew and Jason had a litttle built high expectations! They started with a garage that then led to a 2nd floor and then to a roof that quickly collapsed the whole thing! This was about the last straw for Jason as the graham crackers I got decided to all fall to pieces when Jason tried to put frosting on them! After Jason got it all built, it was Andrew's time to decorate! It was covered patterns! The whole house was decorated with a pattern! So he proudly brought it over to me to show me and get his picture taken and 30 seconds after I took a picture with my phone...it collapsed! He wanted to cry, but Jason and I started to laugh and stated that we will just say that Hurricane Andrew won!! He thought that it meant that it was going to have to be thrown away, but Jason and I informed him that it means he could eat it then!!
It was an awesome afternoon filled with laughter and tears and screams (as the house fell for the 3rd time!) . I asked Jason if he wanted to repeat the activity tomorrow and he answered me quickly...NO! I think all the broken graham crackers got to him! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment