Thursday, December 10, 2009

38 weeks...and waiting!!!

Had you asked me 2 1/2 weeks ago if I would be still pregnant now, I would have told you no! Fortunately for Chris and unfortunately for me...I still am! :)

Checked in with the doc on Tuesday and he was concerned about my being a little dehydrated, but I informed him that I was sick the day before and it was only 10 a.m. so he can't expect miracles!! I told him he got his miracle with me hitting 38 weeks! :)

I also told Doc that I was going for an elephant pregnancy (2 years) and he just laughed at me! I stick with the fact that he doesn't totally get it since he's never felt like the size of a small country while something is jumping on your bladder! :)

Before going to the office, I had a non-stress done and Chris was himself...he kept very still until I had to start provoking him! His strip was awesome again!

We also had a ultrasound to make sure he hadn't flipped and that my amniotic fluid level was still in good condition. Needless to say I went in hoping that the fluid level was not in good shape because that would mean that we would have gotten to meet this little man! Obviously, the level was great! He just moved all over the place and kept Matthew in awe! We also learned that he has some hair! He is also making breathing motions which is a good sign!

He kept up his end of the bargain by measuring almost 8 lbs! Keep in mind that it is give or take a pound! Amanda, the sonographer, tried to encourage me by saying that she can't get "accurate" measurements because of his size and where I'm at in my pregnancy, but it wasn't that reassuring! HAHA! He doesn't feel like a "take a pound!"

I had a horrible night the other night when I started contracting around 3:30 in the a.m. and it continued throughout the day! I got good sleep last night and feel like a million bucks! Even though I wasn't feeling well the boys and I made a cake, a meal and finished wrapping presents up to this point!! So I was slightly productive!

We continue to wait...and every day it's a little bit more impatiently! Jason and I are ready to hold him, rather than poke at my belly! Matthew has gotten very quiet and reserved the last couple of days so either he knows something is happening soon or he's not sure what to think! He just keeps coming up to me and resting his head on my belly!

Andrew is plotting the big "unveiling" at school for show and tell! I told him to just hold off!

Only 1 more week at the most! The 18th is just around the corner! :)

No comments: