Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Matthew update: 1/6/09

Dr. Kronberg, our pediatrician from Omaha, called late last night to check on Matthew again, for the third time after I initially talked to him. He asked lots of questions and checked on him. He was happy with the fact that the limp was starting to go away and he wasn't seeming to be in any more pain. Matt slept through the night with me, after a long nap and spent much of the night coughing.

I did question Dr. Kronberg last night about leg-perthes. An idea that Dr. Pete had planted in my head. When I researched leg perthes, those signs and symptoms seemed to fit Matthew better than the toxic synovitis.

Then again this morning, Dr. Kronberg called and asked yet more questions about Matthew, including whether he had been constipated, which he hadn't and whether he was fully potty trained. I said no to both, but I said I think the potty training could be because he was stubborn and Dr. kronberg laughed and asked where he got that...jokingly. He said that the potty training issues could be related to issues with the spine. Although i don't want it to be an issue with his spine, it would make my attempts to potty train him a lot better!

He also said that there are scans that he wants to run on Matthew but he wants him to see Dr. Hasley, the pediatric orthopedist before he orders them because tthey would have to sedate Matthew to get things done.

So, we go to see Dr. Hasley on the 20th. As of now, that's where we stand.

No comments: