Monday, January 05, 2009

Another Scary Day!

I have had way too many of these days, but they come. I had another terrifying day in regards to Matthew's health!

Matthew woke up this a.m. and couldn't walk. I shouldn't say he couldn't walk, but he couldn't keep his balance. The first few times he fell I mad a joke out of it and said...Matthew Robert, didn't you get enough sleep last night!

I knew this couldn't be true because he slept next to me last night! He had woken up in the middle of the night and was crying saying he hurt! ***HELLO MOM! But at 2 a.m. you don't think much of it after you ask him and he falls right to sleep!

So once I noticed him continually falling, I knew I had to seek out a doctor and immediately. After our scare last June, I was terrified by this point. I just wanted to cry!

I happened to be at the hospital to put my time off for work in and heard Dr. Pete talking so I told him right away. He ordered just what I wanted him to and we got that done at the hospital before we left.

I felt like a moron because since I had surgery only 2 weeks ago, I couldn't pick him up and people were looking at me strange. I had to just keep going! When I came back to the hospital later however, I brought the stroller so he didn't have to walk!

So, while we were waiting to go to Dr. Pete's I was on the phone with Omaha to Dr. Kronberg's office! I also planned to get on the hi-way to Omaha.

Dr. Kronberg called me himself and stated that he was pretty sure that it was a case of toxic synovitis. For those of you that don't remember, Andrew had it at 14 months! Although this brought me a little comfort, I was still unsure that it was the correct diagnosis! I just felt it couldn't be that simple with Matthew! Nothing ever is1

So we then went to Dr. Pete's and found out that the lab work was okay and the x-ray showed nothing, although I already knew this because I had already talked to the people at the hospital!

Dr. Pete gave us the same diagnosis with the further possibility being leg-perthes.

So here we are, two Motrin doses later and four calls from Dr. Kronberg himself, he isn't limping as much and called his dad to say, "me better now dad! No hurt me now!"

But for both Jason and I, another heart stopping day!

No comments: