Since Denver, there has been one thing that has stuck with me...general delay. It's been hard for me to accept this and this is a very selfish mom moment, but as I watch my 9 month old neice learn to walk...my heart breaks.
We errupt in joyous outbursts when he takes a couple of steps. At any point he can just take off walking...but he doesn't. They have always said that one day he WILL walk, we just don't know when. I'm just not a very patient person. His PT says that his coordination will come when his seizures are under control.
I'm learning to dislike epilepsy a lot. I know that there are thousands of children that are worse off than Chris...even in the realm of epilepsy, but this mother just wants her son to be 'normal' and walking and doing everything he should be doing at almost 18 months. It's hard because I am helpless. I can't do anything for him, but snuggle him and love him and provide the best care for him.
So, technically, I'm not doing nothing and Chris is making improvements, but it's still hard to swallow. My evening prayers will just continue to pray for a cure.
1 comment:
Very well said!
Us moms need to have our moments when we grieve what's not, what should have been, even though it could be worse. Then stand up, wipe off our butt and get back to our kids!
Heather
Post a Comment