Wednesday, June 15, 2011

And He's ...WALKING!!!!

I am writing this as I sit in the kitchen and watch Christopher attempt to walk across the kitchen holding a wooden spoon in one hand and a giant potato in his mouth!!! He doesn't get but maybe about 4 steps, but when he's not working on becoming the next Iron Chef or Lay's potato chip man...he can make it 4 or 5 feet at a time!!!

Not very far, but we are getting there! Anytime he wants to get some place far he has to crawl, but he'll catch on...he's still working on his balance. The other funny is that any time he stands up...he says...up! One of his 2 words! :)

I wondered if this wouldn't happen after he got his seizure med increased. I can't wait to get to omaha for PT tomorrow to show Stacy what we are doing! :) The boys keep running to me yelling...He's walking...He's walking and with a smile I get to say...get used to it boys...it's gonna keep happening! :) We have a ways to go...but hey...it's steps! :)

I talked to Denver again on Monday, actually talked with our provider out there. It's been the 6th time I've talked with them...SUPER impressed. They said that he can't do his VitalStim therapy which is the therapy he was doing for his swallowing 3 days/week in Omaha. Slightly disappointed, but we will see what his swallow study says next week and then go from there.

I asked about his EEG that was done in March and they said that although it was abnormal, it was only MILDLY abnormal...I'll take it! She said that it was more indicative of a child that was delayed. It gives me hope that we will grow out of this. Hopefully we hear back from genetics soon and hear about our sotos syndrome results.

But with that, I asked why we see so many outwardly signs then. Chelsea went on to explain that it takes months, sometimes years for people to catch a seizure on an EEG. (Not hoping for the years!) She said if he's not having seizures...we aren't going to catch em. So when we go back in July they will most likely stop his medication or decrease it to see if they can capture a seizure.

They will do some lab when he's out there and I'm not looking forward to the poke. Next week we head to Omaha for our swallow study. I am very hopeful that we will get our NG out, but as I told my aunt today...I will be heartbroken if we don't. I will get over it, but he's wanting a cup so bad!!!

I have added a link below, as well as on my FB page the link to our epilepsy walk page and hope that you can make some donation for the LIFE organization. Thanks SO much in advance.

https://sites.google.com/site/moosetracks4epilepsy/

No comments: