Well...we lasted on formula until about 10:30 last night as Jason and I could take any more of hearing Chris scream after each bottle! This wasn't our baby! So we gave him a big bottle of breastmilk and 30 seconds later he was content and asleep on my lap. He woke up 90 min later and had another bottle of breastmilk, but then he slept for 6.5 hours!! That was awesome compared to the previous night of him screaming for hours at a time!
I called Dr. K's office today to report that we gave it 31 hours, but he was screaming after each bottle so we went back to breastmilk and if he had any more to say! I was able to report that his jaundice had lessened, but wasn't gone!
He called back and said that although it was good that it was lessening he wanted to try to do 1 4oz bottle a day, with optimal being 2! This was a little better, knowing I could have him calmed down by bedtime. However, he barely drinks 2 oz of formula at a time...how is my little man gonna eat 4? I mean, it's already bothering his tummy!
So, in tweaking his orders/suggestions, I figured we will do formula in the morning and I will still give him the 2 oz at a time because I don't need to make things worse for his tummy!
I just have to get to Friday! My goal is 8 oz of formula for him! That's what Dr. K wants...his delivery may just be slightly different!
No comments:
Post a Comment