I find joy in many little things and can cry at pretty much the smallest things tonight, but this took the cake!
I am putting together a small scrapbook for my boys about their Great-grandparent Shoemakers. Matthew was snuggled up next to me and was looking at the pictures and he goes..."I know him."
For those that don't know...my Grandpa passed in 1998.
I asked and said..."How do you know him?"
He said..."That my Grandpa."
With a big smile on my face, I showed him another picture...all of these pictures are from way before even my time!!
I again asked..."Who is that?"
He said..."Bob, my grandpa!"
I started crying. I talk about their great-grandpa often, but not in great details. I will say things like..."Your Great-grandpa would have loved you so much!" I say this when they are being goofy and I can picture grandpa sitting here smiling!
I asked further..."How do you know who that is?"
Matt said..."I see him."
I asked..."Where did you see him?"
"In my head!"
Then I started telling him about how Grandpa went to live with God way before Matthew was ever born.
Then Matthew said something that stopped my heart..."Momma, he was with God when I see him!"
Now, I'm not a quack, and it's not like I take what a 4 year old tells me to heart, but it was just one of those perfect moments.
For those that don't know...Matthew was named after his great-grandpa...Matthew Robert!
No comments:
Post a Comment