It seems to be that the only time I write on here is when the boys have some new medical advancement! HAHA! Needless to say, we do!
I took Andrew to see Dr. Murphy on July 27, for a little allergy intervention. I knew he had been having allergy issues, I was just not sure as to what he was allergic to. We had it down to dogs for sure, but knew there had to be other things.
They did the scratch testing and after waiting the 10 min for results, Drew had reactions to 20 out of the 28 possibilities!!! In comparison, Matthew had 3 or 4 positives, with maybe a couple questionables. Andrew did not leave anything up for question!
Fortunately for us, no foods, so that means no altering the diet. Unfortunately for us, it's the rest of the world that he is allergic to! I need to add to my fortunately list, that house dust is not a positive either!! YAY FOR ME! Since those of you who know me, know I don't like to dust! :)
His list covers, but is not limited to, trees, grass, cats, ragweed, mold and other things that just naturally occur in the air. There are others, I just can't remember them off the top of my head.
He was started on D'Allergy medicine twice a day and a cream to his skin when his eczema gets really bad.
He also has to carry around an epi-pen since there are so many allergies. I'm not sure how this will work with school. I'm sure it has to be kept in the office, but after thinking about this, the office is a ways away from his classroom should they need it right away! This is something that I will be looking into in the near future!
He also had lung function tests which showed that he does not have asthma, but Dr. Murphy said we can't rule out some serious sinus problems in the future. He can thank his dad for that one!
So this is where we are at. We check back in with Dr. Murphy in 2 weeks and then see him again in September.
Matthew is now looking more and more like my healthy one all the time! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment