Sunday, October 29, 2006

Days Filled With Andrew Moments

I haven't had many posts on here because the beginning of the week I was in Norfolk for clinicals and at the end of the week I was in Omaha, taking Matt to a pediatrician to see why he is having problems breathing, but that's a whole other blog.

So we started off our trip to Omaha with a quick bath in the morning for Andrew. I was in my room when I hear Andrew yelling at me to come check him out. So I go into the bathroom and there is Andrew standing with his feet on either side of the tub wet and butt naked. If that isn't bad enough Andrew's response was...

"Look Mom!, I have big muscles!" (As he is balancing hands free!)

You can imagine that I screamed..."GET DOWN...YOU'RE GOING TO BREAK YOUR NECK!"

He did, we got loaded up for Omaha and on our way we went.

Two hours later we were about to West Point when all of a sudden the lights on my car came on and then I heard this "beep, beep, beep" which tells me that a door is open. Andrew had opened his door going 60 miles/hour down the highway. Thank goodness he was buckled in, but I screamed again to have him shut the door. Then I had to look out the window to laugh because it would only happen to me.

We spent two hours in a doctors office to remind me why houses are so big, because a person would go insane in small rooms like that!

On Friday night, Jason was putting Andrew to bed and Matthew was already asleep in the crib and had told Andrew to be very quiet. Jason made a noise, Matt woke up and Andrew looked at his dad and said..."Dad, Look what you did!"

Saturday morning, Andrew decided to take a shower and when I went to check on him he was sitting on the shower floor (It's just a shower by the way) with a washcloth covering the drain. He looked up at me and said..."Mom, I wanted to take a bath!" Only one more inch of water and Grandma K's bathroom floor would have been mopped...thoroughly!

I know that there were a million others, but after a long weekend, It's hard to remember them all, so as I do, I promise to add them. I KNOW that there are many others to come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer- No worries about the 'bath' in the standing shower, I think each one of us kids did that at least 5 times :)