Sunday, October 22, 2006

Coming Home to a Wet Bed

After working 22 hours in the last 36 and having about 4 1/2 hours of sleep after last nights shift, I ended up sleeping on the couch in the basement because Jason let Andrew sleep in our bed last night and of course the inevitable happened...he peed the bed. So at 6:30 this a.m., the idea of sleeping on a wet bed wasn't too amusing. He made up for it later however...

After I woke up, I went upstairs to screams and laughter and was greeted with Andrew asking...

"Mom, why you sleep downstairs? Cuz I wet the bed?"

I replied with "Yes...it was because you wet the bed...but that's okay (in a matter of speaking!)"

So he apologized and we sat our on an afternoon of learning that Matthew now bounces from one step to the other to get down them and that when Mom is holding Matthew and chasing after Andrew...the afternoon is filled with giggles and screams and laughter...

To top it off, Andrew just brought me down a plate of biscuits with honey, but when I asked where the butter was...

"Mom, you don't need butter!"

I guess I have a new authority figure in my life!

No comments: