Well, we had the meeting today and set up the time...Matt gets to start speech therapy on MONDAY! I've been wanting this for so long, but then as I'm sitting there, listening to what his speech therapist has to say it is frustrating. In my head all I could think was...he doesn't seem that bad to me!
I guess I am his mom and I understand him quite well. Then they started talking about his cognitive help that he may need and that we should get it started before he gets to school rather than waiting until he gets to school. I just kind of sat there in shock and was like...what? Huh? When we did the test the things he didn't get were things that he had to speak. I just passed it off that it was his speech and we would re-evaluate it later. Now I'm thinking...is that the wrong idea? I don't want him to be behind. he's just three though and he has this imagination like wild.
But as she was saying at the meeting today...he doesn't know his colors, he doesn't know his numbers...Andrew new all this stuff at this age!!! Could it be because I snuggle Matthew where I worked with Andrew? Maybe working full-time isn't worth it!
It's just all a lot to swallow.
On the other hand...I am so excited he is finally getting speech help!
No comments:
Post a Comment