So...Matthew finally had his Speech eval. Mary Jo came to the house to eval him and he did okay. He took a few minutes to warm up to her, but then once he did he did very well! He passed the comprehension part with flying colors and is slightly ahead of where he should be at! However, he is way behind on his speech and Mary Jo said that she could see that while we did the study. I was surprised that he knew more than I THOUGHT he did.
In the end he didn't qualify for services becuase his comprehension was too high and it off sets the vocabulary! It seems like he's been talking more now that we had him evaluated. We will re-evaluate in August if we can because they can do more on his articulation at that time!
He just came up to me and puts his hand up and goes...up then he puts it down and goes...down! I didn't know he could do that! He's leaping and bounding! I LOVE IT!
No comments:
Post a Comment