Sunday, March 04, 2007

The Snowman's back and he's causing lots of trouble!

I just thought I would update everyone on our uneventful, but busy week. Last Wednesday we were going to sneak down to Omaha to take Matt to the doctor for a check-up when I woke up the next morning in the hotel room to scream..."You are freaking kidding me!" Omaha had a bunch of snow dropped on it overnight much to my surprise. Needless to say the doctor's appointment got canceled and we were stuck in a hotel room with two little kids, no food and only one change of clothes (refer to the sneak comment previously!). Se we ventured out (yes, very stupid) to target to get more clothes, food and other necesscities (this included a new toy for each boy to entertain himself with....Andrew was happy!). We were just too far away to make it to Jason's parents, safely...we felt anyway.
So Thursday was spent in a 15x10 ft. room with two small boys who I would once in awhile let out of the room to run screaming down the hall. It was well worth the 2 minutes it lasted for all of our sanities. We quickly learned why kids that age should have space to run. We were able to get to the doctor of Friday though and Matt checked out perfectly fine. He's stinkin' 33 inches tall! Dr. K was very pleased with all his progress eventhough he still remains just a smidge behind, but he wasn't worried about it at all!

Then as soon as we were done with the doctor we filled up the boys' bellies and headed home. Up until about West Point, I think, is when I finally stopped saying...we should turn around. I just kept thinking...okay, if we can just get to this town...i know someone there we can call! Needless to say 6 hours after leaving Omaha...normally a 3 hour trip...we landed safely at home. I will not sign up to do that anytime soon. Below are a few of the pictures from what we ended up with at our house on Saturday morning.

This is our house heading east!


This is our house heading west! All the ones below are from our backyard. Our fence is about 5 ft. tall I believe. Not as impressive as last year...but close!



No comments: